cavemendiet, clean eats, eat clean, eat healthy, fit blog, fit blogger, foodie, gluten free, health, healthy food, healthy meals, healthy recipes, low carb, nutrition, paleo, paleo breakfast, paleo food, paleo friendly, paleo recipes
I love Sweet Potatoes! I can literally eat them every day and with every meal. So why not include them in the most important meal of the day- breakfast. With this recipe I made the biscuits into an egg sandwich- YUM! There are a lot of varieties you can do with this recipe: waffles, muffins, biscuits alone… use your imagination and share your creations!
- 1 to 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs (Whisked)
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash your sweet potatoes, poke holes into your SP with a fork, and place in oven.
3. Cook your sweet potatoes for 60 min. (This process can be done ahead of time. I store sweet potatoes in the freezers and pop in the microwave for 1-2 min when ready to use)
4. Once sweet potatoes are down, peel them and mash them in a bowl.
5. In another bowl, whisk your 3 eggs, 3 Tablespoons of (melted) Coconut Oil,1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and add to your mashed sweet potatoes.
6. Add 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour, 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder, and 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon to the rest of your sweet potato mix.7. Mix ingredients. (food processor, blender, or hand mixture- my choice)
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a ice cream scoop or spoon to spoon out your biscuits on the sheet.
8. Cook in oven (still at 375 degrees) for 20-22 min. Until biscuits are set.
9. Let them cool for about 5 min and enjoy!