blogger, bodybuilding, creole, eat clean, eat healthy, fat tuesday, fit blog, foodie, girls gone sporty, gumbo, healthy food, healthy meals, healthy recipes, low carb, new Orleans, paleo, paleo recipes, recipes, sweat pink
What better way to celebrate Fat Tuesday and bring some New Orleans to your home than gumbo!
Come experience New Orleans with me
-1/2lb of cooked chicken breasts (seasones with cumin and tarragon)
– 1 pack of chicken andouille sausage (slice thin)
– 1/2lb of fresh large white shrimp
-1 carton of chicken broth
-Creole Seasoning Mix: 1/2 tsp of bay leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of thyme, oregano, and 2 tsp of paprika (pinch of salt)
-1/2 of a yellow onion (chopped)
-2 bell peppers (chopped)
-1stalk of celery (chopped)
-1 8oz can of tomato paste
1. Over medium-high heat add your chopped vegetables (onion, peppers, and celery) and creole seasoning into a large pot.
2. Once your vegetables cook down add your can of tomato paste and chicken broth to your pot and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to stir every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
3. Add your meat (chicken, chicken sauasage, and shrimp) into your pot.
4. Cook for another 10 min.
5. Cool and eat. Serve with brown/white/cauliflower rice, quinoa, vegetables, or eat alone. Enjoy!
Below is pictured with cauliflower rice.