Whole Wheat Pancakes
¾ cup of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of vegan butter or coconut oil
1 cup of whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon of coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon) with a whisk. Add egg, milk, vegan butter or oil and vanilla extract until mix becomes thick. Let mix sit for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken up.
Heat non-stick skillet. Pour about ¾ cup of batter in pan. Flip after about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top. Let cook another 2 minutes then remove.
Fold different fruits or nut inside to put a twist to your pancakes.
Whole Wheat Flour Biscuits
1 ¾ cups of whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
4 tablespoons of vegan butter
¾ cup of coconut milk
Preheat oven to 450 F. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a bowl and whisk ingredients well. Chop butter into small pieces and work into the bowl with flour. Add coconut milk and mix with fork until the though thickens.
Scoop out the dough unto a dry surface coated (sprinkled) with flour. Pat out dough and roll out to about a 1 inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or round glass coated with flour to stamp out biscuits. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Bake biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Coat the top with butter immediately removing from oven. Yields 8 to 10 biscuits.
Sweet Potato “Paleo Biscuits”
- 1 to 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs (Whisked)
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash your sweet potatoes, poke holes into your SP with a fork, and place in oven.
3. Cook your sweet potatoes for 60 min. (This process can be done ahead of time. I store sweet potatoes in the freezers and pop in the microwave for 1-2 min when ready to use)
4. Once sweet potatoes are down, peel them and mash them in a bowl.
5. In another bowl, whisk your 3 eggs, 3 Tablespoons of (melted) Coconut Oil,1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, and add to your mashed sweet potatoes.
6. Add 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour, 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder, and 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon to the rest of your sweet potato mix.7. Mix ingredients. (food processor, blender, or hand mixture- my choice)
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a ice cream scoop or spoon to spoon out your biscuits on the sheet.
8. Cook in oven (still at 375 degrees) for 20-22 min. Until biscuits are set.
9. Let them cool for about 5 min and enjoy!
-1/2lb of cooked chicken breasts (seasones with cumin and tarragon)
– 1 pack of chicken andouille sausage (slice thin)
– 1/2lb of fresh large white shrimp
-1 carton of chicken broth
-Creole Seasoning Mix: 1/2 tsp of bay leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1 tsp of thyme, oregano, and 2 tsp of paprika (pinch of salt)
-1/2 of a yellow onion (chopped)
-2 bell peppers (chopped)
-1stalk of celery (chopped)
-1 8oz can of tomato paste
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min
1. Over medium-high heat add your chopped vegetables (onion, peppers, and celery) and creole seasoning into a large pot.
2. Once your vegetables cook down add your can of tomato paste and chicken broth to your pot and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Make sure to stir every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
3. Add your meat (chicken, chicken sauasage, and shrimp) into your pot.
4. Cook for another 10 min.
5. Cool and eat. Serve with brown/white/cauliflower rice, quinoa, vegetables, or eat alone. Enjoy!
Crockpot Spaghetti Squash
For this meal what you need is a slow cooker, spaghetti squash, meat of your choice for meatballs, tomato sauce or your favorite pasta sauce, and seasonings for your meatballs and sauce (Italian seasoning, garlic, and whatever else you have in your cabinet).
Total Time: 3-4 Hours
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 3 1/2- 4 hours
- Cut your Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out the insides
- Place your squash open side down into your slow cooker
- Add tomato sauce and seasonings into your slow cooker
- Grab your meat and add seasoning, roll your meat into meatballs (lb made about 10-12 balls)
- Add your meatballs into the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Take out your squash first, be careful because it will be extremely hot. Take a fork and scrape the squash into a dish.
- Add your sauce and meatballs… ENJOY!
This is a great alternative to mashed potatoes- cut the carbs and calories with this delicious side!
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients: Cauliflower (any additional seasonings for flavor: garlic, cheese, pepper, salt, herbs, cinnamon etc.) and 1/3 cup of water.
Grab a head of cauliflower and chop up into medium to small pieces or take a bag of frozen cauliflower. (Fresh or Frozen, which ever is more convenient for you)
Take a pot (big enough for your cauliflower) and fill with water about 2 inches or 1/3 cup (just enough to cover the bottom of the pot. Put on a high, wait to boil. Once the water is boiling place cauliflower in and cover. Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
Once your cauliflower is cooked, drain the remaining water and grab a blender, masher, or food processor to start the mashing process. Mash, blend, or process your cauliflower a few cups at a time (found to get the best consistency and quicker) while adding your seasonings of choice towards the end of the process. Blend till you get a smooth, thick, consistency of mashed potatoes!
Yup, it is that easy! I like to make mine sweet with cinnamon and stevia, mixed with my mashed sweet potatoes. It helps curb my sweet potatoes during competition prep!