Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We have all heard this nutrition rule, but how many of us are actually eating 20 to 30 minutes after waking up? Eating breakfast does have benefits:
- Energy boost
- Jump starts your metabolism
- Curves hunger throughout the day
- Enhance short-term memory
The key to well-balanced healthy breakfast is: Lean Protein, Whole Grains, and Fruits & Vegetables.
Here are my 10 go to quick & healthy breakfasts:
- Veggie Egg-White Omelet: 3 egg whites, spinach, bell peppers, onion, and tomatoes.
- Toast and Nut Butter: Ezekiel Cinnamon and Raisin with 2 Tablespoons of Cashew Butter.
- Green Smoothie: 1 hand full of Spinach, 1 Cup of Water, 1 Mango, and 1 Cup of Strawberries.
- Oatmeal Bowl: ½ Cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal, ½ Cup of Coconut Milk or Almond/Cashew, a handful of berries your choice, a spoonful of nut butter, and for some extra nutrition kick- chia and/or flax seeds.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait– 8oz of non-fat Greek yogurt, 1/3 Cup of nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Pecans), a handful of berries, and toasted granola or oatmeal.
- Avocado Toast: 1 to 2 slices of Ezekiel or Wheat Bread with 1 mashed up avocado- add salt and garlic powder for taste.
- Egg-white Muffins: 2 to 3 Egg Whites for each muffin mixed with spinach, ground turkey, tomato, onions, and bell peppers. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Store in Refrigerator and re-heat in microwave for 2 minutes.
- 2 Ingredient Pancakes: Mash 1 banana and mix with two eggs, sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with nut butter fruit and add a side of turkey bacon or turkey sausage.
- Egg Sandwich: 2 pieces of whole wheat bread/Ezekiel, 1 to 2 eggs fried or scrambled, and 2 pieces of turkey bacon/turkey sausage.
- Mango Berry Smoothie: 1 Mango, 1 handful of blueberries and blackberries, 1 banana, and 1 Cup of Coconut Milk.
What are some other healthy breakfasts you enjoy?
Want other ideas to incorporate healthy food into your lifestyle contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org